Word on the street has it that Canon is primed to make a “big” announcement soon, with our previous report hinting at an EOS 3D, and recently the possibility of an EOS 70D has been raised as well. However is that all there is to Canon’s “big” announcement? A fresh set of rumors has suggested that Canon could be working on a full-frame compact camera which could be part of the company’s “big” announcement as well. It is expected to be similar to the Sony RX1 in the sense that not only will it sport a full-frame sensor, but it will fit into a small body so that photographers who want the benefits of full-frame don’t have to lug around a big DSLR around their necks all day.
Apart from that, the rumors are also suggesting that more compact APS-C cameras are expected to be unveiled as well. This is thanks to the screenshot above which shows two new camera categories – Compacts 24×36 and Compacts APS, with the former being blank, while the latter is an inactive link. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but check back with us in the future for more updates.
Next Story: Canon EOS 70D Announcement Rumored For 2nd July
- 2014-04-17: All White Canon EOS 100D Announced For The UK
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy