It didn’t take long for Amazon’s stock of Xbox One consoles to sell out as within 24 hours, the retailers first wave of consoles were completely sold out. Since then, Amazon has restocked the Xbox One, but Sony’s PlayStation 4 “Launch Edition” seems to be out of stock.
Amazon’s first wave of PlayStation 4 consoles has been converted to be known as the “Launch Edition,” which are PS4s the retailer giant assures its customers qualifies for same-day release shipping, meaning you’ll be able to get your PS4 in your house the day it releases. As a result, Amazon has started to sell the “Standard Edition” of the PlayStation 4, which the retailer says won’t be available to its customers until December 31.
Amazon isn’t the only retailer selling pre-orders for the PlayStation 4 as you can still submit your pre-order to GameStop, Best Buy and Walmart in the U.S, with GameStop even selling bundles that include a variety of launch titles and an additional DualShock 4 controller. Although if you’re planning on pre-ordering either the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you better do it sooner than later as we’re sure it’ll be hard to get your order in next week.
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-09: Amazon Fire TV Review
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-13: Watch Amazon Stuff Your PlayStation 4 Orders Into Boxes [Video]
- 2013-11-08: Amazon Teases Massive PS4 Shipment Via Twitter Photo
- 2013-06-21: PS4, Xbox One Amazon Pre-Order Sales Breaks Records