We’ve seen several videos demonstrating what games might be like when played with the Oculus Rift VR headset, and while the list of supporting games is growing slowly, will we ever see it be compatible with Sony’s upcoming PS4? While the PlayStation 4 does not officially support the headset, Sony Worldwide Studios President, Shuhei Yoshida in an interview with Engadget, revealed that Sony has a couple of the development kits in their offices. According to Yoshida, he’s tried it out and he loves it, which brings us to the question of whether we will be seeing PS4 support any time soon. When asked about it, all Yoshida had to say was “no comment” with a big smile on his face. This doesn’t confirm that Oculus Rift support will arrive for the PS4 in the future, but at the very least what we can infer from this is that there is a possibility and it’s just a question of when. What do you guys think? Anyone looking forward to playing their PS4 with the Oculus Rift headset?
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements