Yesterday we reported that after a typical patch released for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, several unhappy gamers took to Twitter to send the game’s designer death threats, a move which is undoubtedly uncalled for, but in a way almost expected since some gamers can be pretty passionate and obsessive about the games they play, and absolutely hate it when things are changed. In any case it seems like Activision’s Community Manager, Dan Amrich, did not take too kindly to Black Ops 2’s game designer being threatened and has written an entire editorial piece, slamming the gamers who thought it was alright to make those threats.
According to Amrich, “If anybody thinks for a second that this is okay, it is not. But if the loudest voices in the Call of Duty “community” act like an angry mob instead, guess how the entire world views Call of Duty? This is why the world often does not take gaming seriously; this is why gamers are assumed to be immature, whiny a**holes. Because the immature, whiny a**holes are louder.” What do you guys think? Do you agree that it’s because of these “outspoken” gamers that sometimes being a gamer is viewed in a negative light?
Next Story: GTA 5 Limited Edition Strategy Guide Announced
- 2014-02-21: New Tony Hawk Game Confirmed
- 2014-02-12: Sledgehammer's Call Of Duty's Visuals To Be Huge Improvement Over Ghosts
- 2014-02-06: Call Of Duty Franchise To Get 3 Year Dev Cycle
- 2013-11-25: Activision Claims Crash Bandicoot Has Not Been Sold To Sony
- 2013-11-22: Atari 2600 Action Figures Pays Homage To Activision's Heroes
- 2013-06-25: Black Ops 2 Vengeance Map Pack Brings Back The Replacers
- 2013-04-16: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Uprising Map Pack Now Available On Xbox 360
- 2013-04-05: Black Ops 2 Uprising DLC Launching On April 16 With New Story-Driven Zombies Adventure
- 2013-04-02: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Next DLC 'Uprising' Releasing On April 16 [Rumor]
- 2013-02-08: New Call Of Duty Game Confirmed For 2013 That Will Raise The Bar Higher