Amazon announced today that it is going on a hiring spree. The company is creating some 7,000 new jobs so as to cater to its expanding fulfillment network in the U.S. Hiring has already begun, these are full time jobs that, per Amazon, pay 30 percent more than traditional retail jobs. Employees will also receive comprehensive benefits on day one such as company stock awards, 401(k) and healthcare.
Workers in the fulfillment network are tasked with picking, packing and shipping the massive amounts of orders that Amazon receives every single day, among other things. Moreover, Amazon is also hiring 2,000 people for its customer service network in the U.S. These jobs include full-time, part-time and seasonal positions. As the name suggests, employees are tasked with providing “world-class” customer service for Amazon customers. This announcement comes prior to President Obama’s visit to an Amazon fulfillment center in Chattanooga, Tenn. where he’ll be discussing jobs. Detailed information on how to apply for these new positions and where exactly the fulfillment and service centers are located can be found on Amazon’s fulfillment and customer service jobs websites.
Next Story: Apple Supplier Accused Of Worker Abuse In China
- 2014-04-23 HBO Go Coming To Fire TV, Amazon Instant Video Gets HBO Shows
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-22 Amazon Will Reportedly Change The Way We Interact With Smartphones
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again