Earlier this month we reported that Blizzard appeared to be working on a new Battle.net launcher which some have likened to Steam. Currently the launcher for Blizzard’s games involves the ability to download patches and update the game, as well as share news about upcoming patches or features of the game. The new launcher, however, is expected to bring more social aspects to it, and allow gamers to see their friends online and even interact with them without having to go through the hassle of launching the game itself.
While Blizzard has yet to release the launcher to the masses, HuskyStarCraft has managed to spend some time with the beta version of the launcher and has put together a video in which some of its features are demonstrated. Given that this is the beta version, it is likely that some things will change before the final release, but at the very least this video should give you an idea of what to expect. If you’re curious about the upcoming launcher, check out the demonstration in the video above. So Blizzard gamers, are you excited about the upcoming launcher?
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase
- Jack Tretton Leaves As President And CEO Of SCEA