While megapixels don’t make a photograph, they do help when it comes to printing out photos especially on big banners where a blown up photo might not look as good. However megapixels are definitely marketing material and according to the folks at Photography Bay, they claim that one of their good sources has told them that Canon is currently testing a 75+MP EOS-1 DSLR camera body. Of course whether this is a camera prototype that Canon is testing, or if it is an actual camera they plan to bring to the market remains to be seen, but it’s definitely not the first large megapixel camera has made before, although it will be interesting to see who this alleged camera will appeal to. In any case should such a camera turn out to be true, supposedly it will be unveiled in 2014 so it looks like we still have some waiting to do. Until then take it with a grain of salt, but what do you guys? Anyone interested in such a device?
- 2014-04-17: All White Canon EOS 100D Announced For The UK
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy