Square Enix’s Final Fantasy 7 is old. It is old, but it is a classic and we’re sure many gamers would love to see a HD remake of the game, so a 2D remake is hardly the direction we’re sure some gamers were expecting. Thankfully this 2D remake is actually the work of a fan of the game, a certain Luke Brown who is an Australian web developer who has dedicated his free time to recreating Final Fantasy 7 in 2D glory. Brown stated that he does not plan to recreate every scene from the game in 2D, but he hopes that he will at least have the first mission complete in the near future. Considering that Brown has been working on the project on and off since 2008, safe to say that this has taken him quite a while.
According to Brown who spoke to Kotaku, “Over the years I’ve seen many people attempt a 2D remake of FFVII and fail, so I thought I’d try do it right […] My core goal is to make the FFVII that would’ve existed if it was developed in 2D instead of 3D.” Brown has also released a video to show what the game could look like in 2D, and if you’re a fan of 2D games, especially one that reminds us of the good old days, check out Brown’s efforts in the video above.
- 2014-04-16: inFAMOUS Second Son PS4 Patch Arrives April 17th
- 2014-04-16: The Last of Us: Grounded Bundle
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-16: 36.9% Of Games Bought On Steam Never Get Played [Study]
- 2014-04-16: Warlords Of Draenor Might Not Require You To Upgrade Your Computer