We’ve been hearing a lot of rumors about a low cost iPhone that is just on the horizon. Apple is rumored to be releasing a budget smartphone offering alongside its next generation iPhone, the iPhone 5S. Up till now, the monikers rumored for this device include the iPhone Lite and iPhone Mini. Today we see a bin full of packaging boxes for an ‘iPhone 5C.’ This could be the packaging for a barrage of counterfeit iPhones, or this could be the moniker of Apple’s much rumored cheaper iPhone.
The packaging itself looks quite similar to that of the fifth generation iPod touch. The C in this moniker could correspond to the polycarbonate material that has reportedly been used for this device. The picture appeared on WeiPhone Forums, it originates from China. The country is well known for knock off products, so there exists a huge possibility that iPhone 5C is just a knock off that has been created based on the rumors of Apple’s low cost iPhone. Recent rumors suggest that Apple might conduct an event on September 6th to unveil both the iPhone 5S and the low cost iPhone.
Next Story: CyanogenMod Focal Camera App Raises The Bar
- 2014-03-19 Analyst Doesn't Think 8GB iPhone 5c And Relaunched iPad 4 Will Have Much Impact On Apple's March/June Quarters
- 2014-03-18 Apple Explains Why They Launched The 8GB iPhone 5c
- 2014-03-18 8GB iPhone 5c Has Been Officially Launched In The UK
- 2014-03-17 8GB iPhone 5c Set To Roll Out (Rumor)
- 2014-03-13 iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09 iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-03 iPhone 5s Retains Consumer Interest As iPhone 5c Struggles
- 2014-01-29 iOS 7.0.5 For iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Released
- 2013-08-25 iPhone 5C Allegedly Pictured During Testing