The next handset we expect Sony to be announcing is the Sony i1, which is also known by its codename, Honami. In any case while we have seen its alleged photos surface and its specs leaked, the question we’re sure everyone is asking is, when will Sony be making the announcement? Well with IFA coming up soon, it seems like a good bet that Sony will take that opportunity to make an announcement, similar to how Samsung has used IFA to launch its Galaxy Note series of “phablets”. While we’re not sure what Sony will be announcing at IFA, we do know that they have something planned thanks to invitations the company has been sending out according to RBMen who have received an invite of their own.
The invite (pictured above) does not give anything away in terms of what we might be able to expect, and it just reads, “you are invited to the ifa 2013 Sony press conference and exciting booth unveiling.” As it stands, the rumored specs of the Sony i1 include hardware specs almost identical to the Xperia Z, but the main difference being that it will sport a 20MP camera which will be its highlight feature, although with the Lumia 1020’s impending announcement with its 41MP camera, the Sony i1 might end up paling in comparison. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled so check back with us at a later date for more info.
- 2013-09-06 LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2013-09-05 Windows RT No Longer Needed, According To Lenovo Exec
- 2013-09-05 HP Envy Recline 27, 23 And 23 SE All-In-One PCs
- 2013-09-05 HP Envy 23 IPS Monitor
- 2013-09-05 Lenovo S5000 Tablet Unveiled
- 2013-09-03 Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Entire Alleged Press Release Leaks
- 2013-09-02 Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Spyshots Pop Up Online
- 2013-09-02 Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Press Renders Allegedly Leaked
- 2013-08-26 Sony Honami's Camera Teased In New Photo
- 2013-08-23 New Sony Honami Photo Teased, Hints At Water Resistance