Good news Nexus 4 owners, if you’d like to get your hands on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for your device, now you can thanks to a leaked build! Apparently this build of Android 4.3 was found on a Nexus 4 device bought by Jeff Williams on Craigslist from a Googler, and to his surprise he found that the device was running on a pre-release version of Android 4.3. Thanks to the help of the Android community, the software was extracted and a system dump and a backup of the ROM was created, although at this point in time the radio and bootloader are missing from the package but are expected to be made later.
For those who have no experience with more advanced aspects of Android, getting Android 4.3 installed on your device might be harder than you think, but for those who think they know what they’re doing, you will be able to install the software on your phone via TWRP which should give you a working copy of Android 4.3. Of course there’s no telling if this is the final version of Android 4.3 that Google will be releasing to the public, so there could still be some bugs and whatnot lying around the software. In any case if you’d like to check it out yourself (proceed at your own risk!), hit up the XDA-Developers forum for the download!
- 2014-03-27: Sailfish OS For Nexus 4 Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-12-05: Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- 2013-11-25: Nexus 4 Android 4.4 KRT16S Build Causing Issues For Some Users
- 2013-11-20: Nexus 4 Android 4.4 KitKat OTA Update Reportedly Rolling Out
- 2013-11-19: Official Nexus Wireless Charger Goes Up For Sale For $50
- 2013-08-01: Android 4.3 Reportedly Causing Trouble For Some Nexus 4 Owners
- 2013-05-24: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Spotted Running On Nexus 4 In Thailand
- 2013-05-16: White Nexus 4 Release On June 10th Rumored With Android 4.3