There has been no chatter of a 6th generation iPod touch recently. The products Apple is expected to announce in the near future include tablets and smartphones, as mentioned, there hasn’t been any indication that the company is going to refresh its iPod lineup. Today a flex cable that apparently belongs to the 6th generation iPod touch has surfaced online, sparking speculation that perhaps an iPod refresh is in the pipeline as well.
It is believed that this flex cable connects the power/lock and volume buttons to the internal hardware. Obviously just by looking at this cable one can’t speculate as to what changes the next generation iPod touch might bring. We generally see part and components leak when there’s a greater chance that the particular product will be released in the near future. Still that’s not enough to believe that the component actually belongs to the device. Right now, there’s no way to confirm that this flex cable is indeed from the 6th generation iPod. Moreover, we’ll have to wait and see if any further information regarding a possible iPod refresh comes in.
- 2014-04-20: Sketchy Photo of iOS 8 On iPhone 5S Appears Online
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Additional iPhone 6 Concept Renders Surface
- 2014-04-17: iOS 7.1.1 Release Expected Soon