Canon fans if you’re looking forward to getting your hands on some of Canon’s new PowerShot cameras, word on the street has it that the company could be making several announcements tonight regarding their PowerShot lineup of cameras. Canon Rumors believes that there will be three cameras announced: the PowerShot G16, the PowerShot S120, and the PowerShot SX510.
Starting with the G16 and S120, both cameras will sport a 12.1MP CMOS sensor with Canon’s DIGIC 6 processor under the hood. The G16 will come with a built-in 28-140mm lens, while the S120 will sport a 24-120mm lens, but both will have an aperture of f/1.8-2.8. Both devices will sport a 3” LCD display, built-in WiFi, 9.3fps (G16)/9.4fps (S120) shooting speeds, and will be able to record Full HD 1080p video at 60fps.
As for the SX510 camera, it will also feature a 12.1MP CMOS sensor but will instead rely on Canon’s DIGIC 4 processor. It will come with 30x zoom, a 3” LCD display, built-in WiFi, and 1080p Full HD video capture at 60fps. No word on pricing or availability just yet, but if tonight’s announcement is indeed happening, we guess we will find out more then. Until then take it with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-22: Canon Teases Announcement For 24th April
- 2014-04-17: All White Canon EOS 100D Announced For The UK
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk