As one starts to age, you can say that one’s mental as well as physical faculties tend to go on a gradual downward spiral, although for some of us out there who have taken the necessary steps to protect our health through healthy food and plenty of exercise throughout our lives would find that this descent is not all that steep, but rather, manageable. When it comes to handling new technology, the older crowd do seem to struggle more than the younger, connected crowd, and this is why there are times when a “seniors only” phone needs to be released. Case in point, GreatCall’s recently announced Jitterbug Touch 2.
The JitterBug Touch 2 will run on the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich platform, where it will be accompanied by other hardware specifications that will definitely not excite the younger generation, since it features a 4” display at 800 x 480 resolution, a 1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8625 processor, 512MB RAM and 4GB of internal memory. It would be nice to see all the other major smartphone manufacturing companies roll out a senior-friendly device. Imagine the likes of Samsung targeting this market, we would most probably have yet another addition to the Galaxy family of devices, perhaps the Samsung Galaxy Wisdom? Just in case you were wondering, the first Jitterbug handset was introduced more than half a dozen years back. [Product Page]
- 2014-04-18: WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-18: Additional iPhone 6 Concept Renders Surface
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)