We have been hearing rumors that Sony could be looking to launch an accessory known as the “lens camera”, which has been identified by its model numbers, the QX10 and QX100. At this point in time it is unknown as to how much Sony could be charging for these accessories and thanks to several reports, the prices of either model have been revealed. According to the source of Sony Alpha Rumors, the price of the QX100 accessory which features the same sensor found in the RX100MII, could be priced at $450, around $300 less than the RX100MII camera itself.
As for the QX10, Taiwanese website ePricehas quoted it to be around NT$6,900 which is roughly 170 EUR when converted. ePrice has also pegged the QX100’s price to be around NT$14,900 which is about 370 EUR. Since Sony has yet to officially announce either accessory, which hopefully they do during IFA 2013, we can’t tell if these prices are the real deal or if retailers are simply speculating, but what do you guys think? Is $450 a bit too much to ask for such an accessory? Or would you be willing to pay for it to take your smartphone photography to the next level?
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-04: Sony A7s Rumored For Launch This Sunday
- 2014-03-28: Sony A77II Could Be Announced At The World Photography Awards Exhibition [Rumor]
- 2014-03-27: Sony A6000 For US Could Begin Shipping Next Week [Rumor]
- 2014-03-23: Alleged Sony A3500 Photos And Specs Leaked