Amazon might not sell as many tablets as Apple does with their iPad range, but this does not mean that the Kindle family from Amazon is a slouch. No sir, it is about time for a hardware refresh, and that is exactly what Amazon ordered from the “doctor” with the all new Amazon Kindle Fire HD. This $139 tablet will arrive in a slimmer and lighter form factor, where it will be matched a 1280 x 800 216 ppi HD display, run on a dual-core 1.5GHz processor which is said to offer 60% additional performance compared to its previous generation, the all new Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito” that is accompanied by hundreds of new and upgraded features, dual speakers with Dolby audio, and of course, content – with a vast selection and Amazon-exclusive features such as Prime Instant Video downloads, Second Screen, Kindle FreeTime, and X-Ray among others.
If you are extremely interested in picking up the all new Kindle Fire HD, it is already up for pre-orders, and those who have dropped their pre-orders can look forward to shipping commencing on October 2nd onward. Alternatively, there is always the new Amazon Kindle Fire HDX that will cater to those who have deeper wallets to spend with. [Press Release]
Next Story: Amazon Kindle Fire HDX Introduced
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2013-10-09: Amazon Intends To Sell 2 Million Kindle Fire HDs Before November 2013 Is Over
- 2013-09-11: Next-Gen Amazon Kindle Fire HD Leaked Photos Hit The Internet
- 2013-08-12: Amazon Kindle Fire HD Sees $40 Price Cut, Successor Imminent?
- 2013-07-30: Next Generation Kindle Fire HD Tablets Specs Rumored
- 2013-07-15: Kindle Fire HD 2 Sees August Or September Launch (Rumor)