Back in August it was revealed that the Wii U version of Batman: Arkham Origins will not come with multiplayer mode, leaving some to wonder if this meant that the game would cost less for Wii U gamers. After all it did not make sense for Wii U gamers to pay the same price for the game as other platform owners, but at the same time be denied access to a rather big feature. Well the good news is that it turns out that the game will cost less for gamers who own the Wii U, according to a rep of the publisher for the game who confirmed the price cut to Kotaku.
The game will see a price cut of $10, meaning that the game will cost $50 instead of $60. Granted it might not seem like too big of a cut, but we guess something is better than nothing, right? It is unclear as to why the Wii U version of the game will not see multiplayer mode. Last we heard the developers wanted to focus on platforms with a larger audience, which does seem a little unfair. We’re not sure if this feature will be added in the future through a patch, but for now Wii U gamers should not expect to see a multiplayer mode if they were to get their hands on the game.
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2013-08-01: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer Mode Will Skip The Wii U
- 2013-04-09: Batman: Arkham Origins Coming October 25 For PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U
- 2012-06-05: Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition paraded
- 2011-10-28: Ubergizmo's Gaming Digest #2: Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Wii U, PS Vita and More