Just last month, we reported the Droid DNA would be receiving Android 4.3 by the end of September. It looks like HTC President Jason Mackenzie may have jumped the gun a bit, at least in regards to the Droid DNA receiving Android 4.3 on Verizon Wireless as the carrier has just announced they’ll soon be rolling our Android 4.2 onto the device.
The Android 4.2 update to the Droid DNA will bring with it HTC’s Sense 5, which will make the device function a lot like the HTC One, although it certainly won’t have all of the One’s features. Some of the notable improvements for the Android 4.2 update will bring BlinkFeed, a new Gallery, Calendar and People apps that will make finding exactly what you need much easier than before. A new Smart Dialer and the addition of Quick Settings, round out all of the upcoming features.
As for when exactly Droid DNA owners will get Android 4.2 with HTC Sense 5 is yet unknown as Verizon Wireless only announced the update is coming without confirming a release date. If Verizon is announcing the upcoming rollout of Android 4.2 to the Droid DNA, we’re sure owners of the handset won’t have to wait long until they’re enjoying everything the update, as well as HTC Sense 5, has to offer.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-02-04: HTC Droid DNA Android 4.4.2 With Sense 5.5 ROM Available
- 2011-08-05: HTC purchases mobile backup service developer, Dashwire
- 2011-04-14: HTC Sense 3.0 not arriving on older phones
- 2010-04-15: DROID Incredible Goes Official On Verizon
- 2010-05-25: Android-powered HTC Aria For AT&T