At the IFA trade show in Berlin earlier this month, LG unveiled its new 8.3 inch G Pad tablet. It has a full HD IPS display which offers a 1,920×1,200 pixel resolution and is powered by a 1.7GHz quadcore Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor. The tablet is expected to be released in major markets next month, but nothing has been said about pricing up till now. Rumors coming in from unofficial Chinese sources suggest that LG might price its new tablet as low as $299, which will give it a nice leg up on its competition.
LG itself hasn’t said anything about pricing, so this rumor should be taken with a grain of salt. Specific release dates aren’t available as yet, though LG is expected to launch the tablet in as many as 30 markets around the world by the end of this year. The rumored price tag will bring LG G Pad 8.3 closer to the new Nexus 7 in terms of pricing, Google’s 7 inch tablet has seen considerable success in the Android tablet market and was also recently refreshed with better hardware. LG G Pad 8.3 has a 16GB internal storage with the option for external expansion via microSD cards. It has a 5 megapixel shooter on the back and a 1.3 megapixel one up front. The tablet may be purchased in either black or white when it is ultimately released next month.
Next Story: 24 Carat Gold iPhone 5s Launched By Goldgenie
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-04-16: Gold LG G3 Reportedly Coming This Summer
- 2013-10-25: LG G Pad 8.3 LTE Spotted On Amazon Germany
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review