While the amateur photographer might only need a smaller memory card to save their photos on, professionals might require larger ones, and multiple ones as well due to them possibly shooting at maximum resolution or in the RAW format. For those professional photographers, SanDisk might have the solution for you in the form of the SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash memory card that will offer up 256GB of storage, which according to SanDisk, makes it the “world’s first” high-capacity and high-performance CompactFlash memory card.
The card will offer 65MB/s write speeds and will offer transfer speeds of up to 160MB/s. It has also been optimized to capture 4K and Full HD video, and have also been designed to withstand both shock and vibration, as well as perform under extreme temperatures from as low as minus 13F, to 185F, but we suppose the lifetime limited warranty will also do a good job of assuaging some fears. The 256GB SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash memory card is currently available for purchase and has been priced at an eye-watering $1,809.99. So much for buying multiple copies, huh?
- 2014-03-11: SanDisks' Latest 128GB microSDXC Card Plays Nice With Windows Phone
- 2014-02-24: 128GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card Announced
- 2014-02-12: SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC/SDXC UHS-II Is "World’s Fastest"
- 2014-01-06: 64GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive
- 2013-09-12: SanDisk Announces Availability of 256GB CompactFlash Card
- 2013-07-22: Sandisk Connect Flash Drive and Media Drive