Samsung is known to develop a number of variants of its flagship devices. Earlier this year it released the Galaxy S4 smartphone and followed it up with a rugged water and dust proof variant, a mini variant and a photography centric variant. So it doesn’t come as a surprise to hear that Samsung might be working on a number of variants for its other flagships. The latest from Korea’s ETNews suggests that the company might be developing rugged water and dust proof variants of the Galaxy Note 3 as well as the Galaxy S5.
It doesn’t seem too good to be true that a rugged Galaxy Note 3 is currently in the pipeline, it is likely that Samsung might launch it somewhere down the line, but we still can’t say that for sure seeing as how the company itself hasn’t made an indication of such a variant. Its the Galaxy S5 rumor that seems too good to be true at this point in time. The report claims that Samsung’s next flagship smartphone will be water and dust proof out of the box. There is still a lot of time left till the Galaxy S lineup reaches the end of its release cycle, and there isn’t a lot of information on the Galaxy S5 to go on at this point in time. What has been consistently rumored though is the possibility that Galaxy S5 might swap plastic for a metal body, but that too remains to be confirmed. No word as yet on when a rugged Galaxy Note 3 will be launched.
Next Story: Moto X Down To $99 At Best Buy
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Plastic HTC One M8 Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well