We’ve been hearing a lot of rumors about the Galaxy S5 recently, ever since it was said that Samsung is apparently going to release the smartphone earlier than it had originally intended. The reason for this is believed to be Galaxy S4 missing internal sales projections. As of now, nothing has been confirmed, Samsung hasn’t mentioned anything about Galaxy S4 missing its sales targets. The latest rumor suggests that the Galaxy S5 will come with a whopping 4GB of RAM.
This is likely to be made possible by the 64-bit Exynos processor that the smartphone is supposed to have. Rumor has it that the processor is in the final stages of preparation, before it goes into production. This new processor is possibly going to mark the start of Exynos 6-series, just to differentiate from the Exynos 5-series processors that are used in existing devices. In theory, the 64-bit architecture would be able to cope up with 4GB of RAM, but it remains to be seen if Samsung actually does end up adding it in its future smartphone. The most RAM it offers in a mobile device right now is 3GB, which breathes under the Galaxy Note 3′s hood. 4GB is obviously the next frontier, but how soon will Samsung be able to achieve it? Time will tell.
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Plastic HTC One M8 Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well