We’re sure many are excited for Apple’s event on the 22nd of October where the new iPad 5 and the new iPad mini 2 are expected to be unveiled. While the iPad 5 will be exciting in the sense that it might sport a new look, the iPad mini 2 could be an even bigger hit as the rumors have suggested that the tablet will be getting a Retina display, making it even sharper and crisp. Granted it does boil down to personal preference, but one analyst seems to believe that the iPad mini 2 could have the potential to outsell the iPad 5 by a factor of 2:1, assuming of course Apple is able to meet the demand.
According to Amit Daryanani of RBC Capital Markets, he expects the new iPad mini to account for about 65% of Apple’s overall tablet sales, with the larger iPad accounting for the remaining 35%. There is a caveat in his prediction and that is if only Apple is able to meet the demand for the device. As you might have heard, the iPad mini 2 could be delayed or have its supply constrained, possibly to 2014 as there have been reports that its Retina display is giving manufacturers trouble. However assuming Apple is able to pull it off, then Daryanani expects his prediction of the iPad mini selling 2:1 to the regular iPad to come true. What do you guys think? Will the Retina iPad mini 2 end up outselling the regular iPad?
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13 Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2013-10-22 Apple To Live Stream Today's Event
- 2013-09-27 Gold iPad Mini 2 With Touch ID Fingerprint Scanner Leaked In New Photo [Rumor]
- 2013-08-26 iPad Mini 2 Shell Leaked In New Photos [Rumor]
- 2013-06-14 iPad Mini 2, Cheap iPhone Shipping In August [Rumor]