If there is one major advantage underneath the hood of modern day smartphones, I would like to say that it is this – the fact that one is able to introduce firmware updates into the mix to, in essence, enhance or prolong the lifespan of the handset in the market is a good thing. The recently reviewed Sony Xperia Z1 as well as the larger sized Xperia Z Ultra have been said to be on the receiving end of the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update, where this update would introduce some improvements in the display as well as helping make the battery last a whole lot longer.
In the Sony Xperia Z1, the camera algorithm has already been tweaked to deliver better all-round performance. Not only that, it has refined Sony’s Smart Social Camera platform in order for Xperia Camera apps to run in a whole lot more smoothly (in particular Burst Mode, Superior Auto, AR Effect and Sweep Panorama), while the Xperia Z Ultra features optimized touchscreen sensitivity that would cater for both finger gestures and writing, “sketching” with pencils, metal pens and selected styluses.
In terms of improvements made to both devices, their respective displays have been re-calibrated so that the viewing experience remains bright and bold, in addition to a better battery economy for a superior battery life. There is also a streamlined Exchange connection for faster email synchronization, display and download. So far, we have not heard reports of any of the smartphones crashing after installing the firmware update, so it should be all systems go if you own either one of them! [Press Release]
Next Story: ZaReason ZaTab ZT2 Android Tablet Is Hackable
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-01: Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-05-24: Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out Now
- 2013-03-12: Sony Xperia TL, Xperia J Receiving Android Jelly Bean 4.1
- 2012-10-11: Android 4.2 tested on Xperia arc S?
- 2012-07-31: Sony Xperia 2011 devices getting Jelly Bean after all