The Sony Xperia Z1 is no pushover as a smartphone, especially when you consider its flagship credentials. Having said that, this waterproof smartphone has just received an update that has been said to deliver an improvement to its rear camera, not that the back camera in the past was a slouch or anything like it. Apparently, this new firmware update has introduced an algorithm that will enhance the performance of the camera, where it the same improvements have been sent over to the likes of Burst Mode, Superior Auto, AR Effect and Sweep Panorama.
This particular update started to roll out globally already, and the image above hails from a Dutch Sony Xperia Z1 owner, where it depicted the difference between the quality of photographs taken before and of course, right after the update. Needless to say, the update lets the camera capture an even greater amount of detail, even when there are shadows around. Not only that, it does seem that there has been improvements made to the color reproduction and contrast areas, too.
Well, all I can say is, there has been no adverse reports after installing this particular update, so if you’re a proud Xperia Z1 owner, it would do you good to have the update installed, too.
Next Story: Tesla Hires Former Apple Employee, Doug Field
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-03-10 Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- 2014-01-30 Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-20 Sony Sirius Compared With Xperia Z1 Side By Side
- 2014-01-14 Sony Xperia Z1 Users Complain Of Their Phones Warping
- 2013-12-16 Xperia Z1 Launched In China As The L39t