Tesla is a name that most of us are well versed with. After all, they have come up with some electric cars that not only look nice, but have been deemed to ride pretty well. Of course, the standard issues that are concerns surrounding electric vehicles continue to be there, but I am quite sure that as time and technology advances, we will be able to see more and more far ranging electric vehicles in addition to charging facilities to make owning one a whole lot more convenient. Company founder and CEO Elon Musk of Tesla has also publicly stated his desire to come up with a more affordable EV in addition to self driving cars. To do that, they will need the right manpower, and they have managed to snag Doug Field’s signature on the dotted line to lead the way.
Doug Field will join Tesla as the Vice President of Vehicle Programs, where his responsibility will include driving the development of new vehicles. Here is a little bit of background information on Field – he started off his career as an engineer at Ford, before ending up as the CTO of Segway prior to his last stop at Apple in 2008, where he had been the Vice President of Mac Hardware Engineering leading development on the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and iMac. [Press Release]
Next Story: Panasonic Toughbook CF-AX3 Announced
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-03-18: Electric Car Batteries Could Be Used to Power Europe’s Data Centers
- 2014-03-03: Nissan LEAF Battery Survives Abuse In Video
- 2014-03-02: Tesla Model E Could Have 200 Mile Range
- 2014-02-27: ZelectricBug Is A 1963 Beetle That Runs On EV Power