Google has a couple of tablets in their portfolio, such as the Google Nexus 7 and the Google Nexus 10, with both tablets sporting 7” and 10” displays respectively. However could it be that Google has a new tablet in the works? Perhaps a device closer to the size of Apple’s iPad mini? While it cannot be confirmed, a photo posted on the Android website (pictured above) shows a woman using what appears to be an unknown Google tablet that does not look like the Nexus 7, or does it appear to fit the size of the Nexus 10 either, leaving many to speculate that this could be the Nexus 8.
The bezels of this tablet appear to have been trimmed down, giving us more display, or at least the illusion of more display, minus the distracting black bezels. Of course it is entirely possible that the image above is a concept rendering, but why go to all that trouble when you could simply use an already existing device, right? Google has been known to drop hints of upcoming products, such as is the case of the Google Nexus 5 which was spotted in a Google video when they unveiled the Android 4.4 KitKat statue. Interestingly enough the photo is still on the Android website, suggesting that this might not have been a mistake on Google’s part. Either way what do you guys think? Is a Nexus 8 tablet something you might be interested in?
Next Story: Samsung W2014 Flip Phone Announced For $1,640
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2013-11-06: Alleged Nexus 8 Image Quietly Edited By Google, Now Displays The Nexus 7