Sony is yet to release the PlayStation 4 in Europe, particularly the UK, and already it looks like the console might have a leg up on its competition, Redmond’s Xbox One. The retailer has revealed that PS4′s current pre-orders will make it Amazon UK’s fastest selling game console, overtaking the Xbox One. Amazon also said that Sony’s latest console is at the top of the PC and Video Gamers pre-order chart as well as the “Most Wished For” list on Amazon UK.
However, the retailer didn’t reveal just how many PS4 pre-orders have been made in the UK. In North America, when the PS4 was released on November 15th, the console sold one million units in under one day, the figure was matched by Xbox One on its launch day as well though the console was released in 13 markets as opposed to the two Sony released the PS4 in. The EU retail VP at Amazon, Xavier Garambois, said that preparations to deliver new PlayStation units to customers on launch day are “well underway.” While a number of retailers are going to carry some stock on launch day in their stores, Amazon UK now states on its website that it can no longer confirm delivery before Christmas. So those PS4 customers who weren’t able to get their pre-order in and might not be able to pick one up from a retailer on launch day might end up having to wait for a couple of weeks.
Next Story: Samsung’s Marketing Budget Stands At $14 Billion
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-03-30: Sony Announces Over 1,000 Developers Licensed To Self-Publish On PS4