Amazon has developed some of the most popular tablets, which have performed very well in the market. Many people assume that the company will jump into the smartphone game as well. There have been rumors, lots of them, that Amazon is working on smartphones of its own. So far the company itself hasn’t confirmed if it indeed has such plans, but it is expected that an Amazon smartphone might come next year. According to the latest report by Taiwanese trade publication Digitimes, its possible for the smartphone to be released in the first half of 2014.
Citing sources, as always, in the Taiwan based supply chain, the report claims that Primax Electronics has received orders from Amazon for compact camera modules or CCMs which be used in smartphones launched in the first half of 2014. While Primax itself denied these claimed, it is believed that the company will supply more than 50 percent of the CCMs. Amazon, as always, is mum on this subject. No additional details about its smartphones are available as yet, no one knows what its design will end up looking like. The company hasn’t dropped any hints about such a project, so even with mounting rumors, we must not forget to take those trusty grains of salt.
Next Story: Top Google Searches Of 2013
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed