A couple of years ago the trend of creating your custom Android mascot really caught on, thanks to the Androidify app that Google released. Since then the trend has died down and the app hasn’t received any attention. Out of the blue, Google today released a major update for the app. It has been revamped with a new user interface as well as new outfits that work well with the upcoming holiday season. The app lets users create their custom Android mascots, which can then be used as personal avatars on the internet, which is exactly why it became so popular back then.
Users have a lot of customization options, they can select from different outfits, hair styles, accessories and what not. All of these options can be used to add a personal touch to the mascots, different body proportions are included as well so users can really craft their ideal avatar. It wouldn’t take much effort to make the mascot look as much as it can like you, which is kind of why most people download this app in the first place. The spirit of Christmas is noticeable, holiday themed outfits and accessories like Christmas lights and candles are also available. Androidify is a free app, it is live now in the Google Play Store.
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-03-06: Google Play Store Birthday Sale Goes Live
- 2013-12-10: Google Play Store Game Categories To Be Expanded In February
- 2013-10-13: Google Play Store To Put Apps Designed For Tablets Front And Center
- 2013-10-07: Seven HBO Original Series Available Now From Google Play Store
- 2013-09-08: Leaked Twitter App Optimized For Android Tablets