Over the past year or so, we have been hearing vague rumors about the Canon EOS 7D’s successor, the EOS 7D MK II. However interestingly enough, the folks at Canon Rumors have received a tip in which the tipster claims that a EOS 7D MK II will not be arriving anytime soon, if it hasn’t been completely shelved. Canon Rumors notes that this particular piece of rumor seems a little odd, especially based on what Canon has been saying recently, not to mention we have seen leaked spec sheets and how the camera has been rumored for a 2014 announcement.
In any case perhaps the camera has not been completely shelved, but perhaps it has merely been taken back to the drawing board for a variety of reasons. In the past we have seen how Sony’s new president has decided to put a halt on camera models that were merely updates to existing models in favor of releasing more groundbreaking products instead, so perhaps Canon could be doing something similar, especially in the competitive space that is the camera market. Either way take this rumor with a huge grain of salt for now, but do check back with us for more updates!
- 2014-04-22 Canon Teases Announcement For 24th April
- 2014-04-17 All White Canon EOS 100D Announced For The UK
- 2014-04-07 Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11 Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-01-12 Canon EOS 7D MK II Rumored For CP+ Announcement
- 2013-10-27 Alleged Canon EOS 7D MK II Spec Sheet Leaked