Last week, out of the blue, the evad3rs developers team released the iOS 7 untethered jailbreak for all supported devices. It was an unexpected release because the community wasn’t made aware of the progress for quite some time, which is usually the case with planned jailbreak releases. Some believe that evad3rs might have rushed to get it out the door when rumors started circulating that the iOS 7 untethered jailbreak exploit had been stolen and sold to a private buyer. After the release, users who had language set to Chinese found that they got the Taig app store instead of Cydia and it was then revealed that evad3rs had teamed up with the Chinese company to load its storefront on those jailbroken devices that had language set to Chinese. Almost a week later, they have updated the evasi0n iOS 7 untethered jailbreak to remove Taig.
The community had voiced its concern about the fact that Taig was hosting a plethora of cracked applications and tweaks, which can’t be found by default on Cydia. Given that the jailbreak developers have always been against piracy, the team vowed to work with Taig to remove pirated applications. However once they figured that ”the depth of the transgression against the software developers and jailbreak community” couldn’t be overlooked, they decided to remove Taig from iOS 7 untethered jailbreak altogether. It was rumored that perhaps the company had paid $1 million to the team so that Taig could be bundled, however evad3rs have denied this allegation.
- 2014-03-26 Video Shows Jailbroken iPad Triple Booting iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7
- 2014-03-23 iOS 7.1 Untethered Jailbreak Shown Off On Video
- 2014-03-17 Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-10 Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Not Possible
- 2014-02-05 iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Closes More Jailbreak Exploits
- 2013-12-31 iFile 2 For iOS 7 Released In Cydia
- 2013-12-23 Evasi0n iOS 7 Jailbreak Faces Controversy Over Pirated Apps Store
- 2013-12-22 iOS 7 Untethered Jailbreak For Supported Devices Released
- 2013-07-01 iOS 7 Has Already Been Jailbroken