It was rumored recently that U.S. Cellular Moto X variant would receive the Android 4.4 KitKat update on December 4th. That rumor has turned out to be true. The update has started rolling out, Motorola has updated the help page to reflect the release of this update. Motorola’s Punit Soni has also confirmed the roll out through Google+.
Android 4.4 KitKat brings a number of changes, including restyled status and navigation bars, color emoji support, new full-screen mode, improved closed captioning support, as well as strong security and smarter use of battery power. The phone app has been radically improved, it is now able to look up contacts directly from the dial pad. The gallery app has received new photo editing options including advanced cropping, new filters and the ability to draw on photos. Hangouts with SMS and MMS integration in baked into the updated. The update also adds touchless control feature, by simply saying “OK, Google Now-find my phone,” users can get the device to ring loudly. Sprint’s variant of Moto X is the only one left that’s yet to receive the Android 4.4 update. Punit Soni says that Motorola is working on it. The update for U.S. Cellular Moto X is rolling out in stages, it might take some time before it becomes available for everyone.
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-02-23: Verizon Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Release Soon
- 2014-02-11: T-Mobile Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-02: T-Mobile Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Might Not Be Far Off
- 2013-12-09: Motorola Releases Active Display Update To Fix Lock Screen Lag Bug
- 2013-11-24: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4 KitKat Update Released