It has almost been two years since the Verizon FiOS app for the Xbox 360 was released. That might seem like a long time ago, and that console might not seem worthy of your attention anymore, that’s because the Xbox One is now here. Today the Verizon FiOS Xbox One app has been released, those Xbox Live Gold members who already subscribe to FiOS can download the app now and steam up to 74 live channels on their latest gaming console. The app is compatible with the console’s snap feature and also supports Kinect and gesture controls.
However, there’s not much that FiOS subscribers can do through the app apart from streaming live TV. Video on demand content is not offered. Even DVR recordings can not be scheduled through the FiOS Xbox One app. Its not like there wasn’t enough time to bake all these features within the app, a major revamp comes after almost two years and on the Xbox One the missing features really do leave something to be desired. However, with the app’s release, Verizon becomes the first TV provider to offer a live multi-channel HD TV streaming application with Kinect integration. The Verizon FiOS Xbox One app is immediately available for down, its doesn’t cost a penny.
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2013-06-11: Verizon FiOS Mobile For Android Finally Released
- 2013-01-28: Samsung Smart TV, Blu-ray Verizon FiOS TV App Updated With 75 Live Channels
- 2013-01-08: Verizon Partners With Motorola For FiOS TV Media Server Capable Of Six Recordings At Once
- 2011-10-06: Verizon and Microsoft announce FiOS TV-powered entertainment experience on Xbox 360
- 2011-04-14: Verizon FiOS TV enters into next generation