Its always nice to receive a new firmware update, it bumps up the version number and brings a couple of new features, improvements and bug fixes in the process. This particular update for AT&T HTC One X+ owners is going to be really special, given the fact that there won’t be any further major updates, as has already been confirmed by HTC. The company had first rolled out this update for the international variant of One X+ almost five months back, AT&T has just got around to rolling it out now after conducting the required carrier tests.
With AT&T already having released the update for this device, its only a matter of time before it rolls the update out for the HTC One X as well. It should be kept in mind that both of these smartphones won’t receive any further updates, they will remain at Android 4.2.2, Android 4.3 is out of the question, which also means that these smartphones won’t ever get an official taste of Android 4.4 KitKat. Those who own an HTC One X+ can now try manually checking from the update through the settings application, if they haven’t already been notified by the device itself. The update comes in at 532MB, you will require Wi-Fi to download it. Those who want a taste of KitKat will have to turn towards custom ROMs.
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-03-25: HTC BlinkFeed Available To All Android Users Soon
- 2014-03-25: AT&T HTC One Mini To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Soon
- 2014-03-25: Diving deeper into the HTC One (M8)