[CES 2014] Belkin might have made a name for itself in the world of networking devices over the years, but this does not mean that the company does not have different kinds of concerns elsewhere. In fact, this time around, we have the introduction of the Belkin Crock-Pot Smart Slow Cooker, which is a slow cooker that allows you to control as well as monitor cooking times and temperatures using your smartphone. Yup, the smartphone has just gotten a whole lot smarter I guess, but it remains to be seen whether consumers are willing to fork out additional money to upgrade the appliances in their home that will be able to meet the expectations of a new generation.
After all, a slow cooker might be smart as all get out, but if you still fail as a cook and even burn your kettle as you boil water, it ain’t gonna do much. Still, being able to expand home automation features is a nice way of moving along forward, and who knows? Smart appliances will eventually gain acceptance among the masses in time to come. Do you think that the $99 asking price is too high, considering it is double that of a normal Crock-Pot?
Next Story: Sphero 2B Introduced
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-09: WiTricity Charges iPhone Sans Wires
- 2014-01-05: Belkin Crock-Pot Smart Slow Cooker Announced
- 2013-10-23: Belkin Announces iPad Air Compatible Keyboard Cases And Other Accessories
- 2013-10-21: Belkin Skorpion Will Detect Malware While Recharging Your Android Device
- 2013-08-30: LEGO And Belkin Team Up For iPhone 5 Case
- 2013-07-22: Belkin WeMo Light Switch Now Available