Anyone who played EverQuest back in the day when it was one of the most popular Massively Multiplayer Role Playing Game (MMORPG) would certainly have known how to refer to it as “EverCrack” due to the highly addictive nature of the game. Having said that, the “monopoly” of EverQuest was broken with Blizzard’s World of Warcraft taking over for quite a while. It seems that there is some light at the end of the tunnel with confirmation that EverQuest Next will be headed for the Sony PS4, as confirmed by Sony Online Entertainment’s John Smedley. Apart from that, Smedley also did mention that PlanetSide 2 will be arriving in the first half of this year.
EverQuest Next, or better known as EQN for short, was first announced at SOE Live in August last year, with plenty of focus paid to a PC launch, although back then, there were already positive currents which underlined it since the idea of bringing the MMO to the PS4 was also talked about. As to the exact release date of EQN, that remains to be seen, although this particular title is tipped to launch sometime in 2015, so you might want to hold your horses in the mean time. Are you stoked that you would be able to get your fix of EverQuest next year?
Next Story: Man Braves Fire To Save Xbox Console
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle