[CES 2014] Smartphones are ideal to take photos with since we carry them with us all the time, not to mention that for the most part, most smartphones are compact in size, making them easy to slip into the pocket too. However using our smartphone for photos can be draining on its battery, not to mention dedicated cameras usually have more functions and have the ability to snap better quality images too, which is why if you’re after something slim and compact, the Fujifilm FinePix S8600 could be the camera you’re after, and with it priced at $229.95, it certainly is pretty affordable too.
The FinePix S8600 will come packed with a FUJINON camera lens capable of 36x optical zoom which is equivalent to 25-900mm. It will feature a 16MP CCD sensor and a 3” LCD display that one can use to frame their photos before snapping. The FinePix S8600 will also feature Optical Image Stabilization and a collapsible lens system that will close automatically when not in use, making the camera a pretty slim and compact affair. Other specs include HD video capture at 720p and 30fps, face detection, and will run on 3 AA batteries that Fujifilm estimates will provide about a 250-shot battery life. If this sounds like the camera you’re after, the FinePix S8600 will be available come March 2014.
Next Story: D-Link Network Video Recorder DNR-312L
- 2014-03-17: New Fujifilm X Mirrorless Camera Could Be Announced Soon
- 2014-03-03: Fujifilm UK Launches Camera Customization Service
- 2014-01-28: Fujifilm X-T1 Is Official
- 2014-01-26: Additional Fujifilm X-T1 Specs Revealed
- 2014-01-20: Fujifilm X-T1 Photos Leaked Online
- 2014-01-06: Fujifilm Unveils FUJINON XF56mmF1.2 R Lens For Portrait Photography
- 2014-01-06: Fujifilm’s INSTAX SHARE Is A Portable Printer For Smartphones
- 2014-01-06: Fujifilm Unveils FinePix XP70 Rugged Camera
- 2014-01-06: Fujifilm Launches X100S In Black
- 2014-01-06: Fujifilm FinePix S1 Is World’s First Weather Resistant Super Zoom Bridge Camera