We have already heard a lot of rumors about the Samsung Galaxy S5, but one can’t absolutely be sure about the rumors until an official announcement is made by the company. We know that Samsung’s flagship Galaxy lineup touts large displays, a drawback of which is difficulty in using the product with just one hand. Apparently the Galaxy S5 will offer improve one hand usage function, letting users choose where on the display they want to use the function, which lets them launch apps, see a list of favorite calls as well as access notifications. Samsung has already been awarded a patent for this function in Korea.
Moreover, Samsung has also been awarded patents pertaining to the design of the new interface of a music application. The new interface seems to be deeply integrated with social media, from the looks of it, the app itself is called “Friends Music.” Samsung has made no secret of its quest to improve software on its mobile devices, so this could very well be a practical implementation of that. Recently screenshots of the alleged Galaxy S5 user interface have also leaked online, hinting at a radically different user experience as opposed to the existing TouchWiz interface on the company’s mobile devices. It remains to be seen though if any of this makes it to the actual smartphone, which according to recent reports, is due to be unveiled on February 23rd. [Images via GalaxyClub]
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off