Blizzard’s World of Warcraft has been around since 2004, meaning that the game has been in existence for almost 10 years now. That being said with a game running for that long, we’re sure that there are tons of interesting stats and figures that Blizzard might have accumulated along the way, and sure enough with more than 100 million gamers having played the game since its launch in 2004, Blizzard has put together an interesting infographic that gives us an idea of how the game has progressed over the years, along with some interesting numbers that might boggle the mind.
For example some interesting stats include how the World of Warcraft auction house manages 2.8 million trades on a daily basis, which is apparently two times that of eBay during Cyber Monday back in 2009. It has also been revealed that there are around 900,000 PVE instances run on a daily basis, 3.6 million pet battles, and 670 PVP instances. Blizzard also boasts that the story has managed to grow to the point where in-game text is around 6 million words, which is equivalent to twelve copies of The Lord of the Rings! Yikes! That’s a lot of reading! Also the number of characters created in the game, 500 million, is greater than that of the population of the US. Either way if you’d like to check out the complete infographic, head on over to Blizzard’s website for the details.
- 2014-04-18: Azeroth Choppers Episode 1 Is Now Live
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16: Warlords Of Draenor Might Not Require You To Upgrade Your Computer
- 2014-04-11: Blizzard Unveils New Heroes Of The Storm Characters
- 2014-04-11: World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-08: Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2014-04-03: World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor Enters Alpha Testing Phase