[CES 2014] Mushkin has announced a new addition to what they claim is the world’s fastest USB SSD lineup, that is the Ventura Ultra Series. This will be a continuation from the existing range of 60GB, 120GB, and 240GB models, where Mushkin has just unveiled the Ventura Ultra 480GB USB 3.0 SSD over at CES this year. The 480GB Ventura Ultra USB 3.0 SSD will be able to continue delivering the similar ultra-high performance of its lower capacity brethren, except that you have a whole lot more space to play around with this time around. The LSI SandForce SF-2281 powered USB SSDs will deliver best in class throughput of 455MB/s read speed and 445MB/s write speed, which provides up to 39K 4K random IOPS. Not only that, the Ventura Ultra can also operate in UASP mode, which would enable SSD performance in the USB flash drive form factor.
Apart from that, it will come in an attractive and light-weight aluminum housing, whereby it paves the way for the Ventura Ultra to enjoy outstanding durability and thermal management. How fast time flies, and technology progresses. The original Ventura Ultra was first unveiled at CES last year, where it came with storage capacities of 60GB, 120GB, and 240GB. [Press Release]
- 2014-01-09: Mushkin Unveils FrostByte Heatsink For Blackline And Redline Memory Modules
- 2014-01-08: Mushkin Announces Addition To Ventura Ultra Series
- 2013-10-17: World's Smallest USB 3.0 Flash Drive Measures In At Only 0.07 Inches
- 2013-10-09: LaCie Porsche Design USB Key Brings Style To Your Flash Drive For $30
- 2012-09-10: ADATA Wine Bottle USB flash drive
- 2012-04-25: Bulavkus USB flash drive is a prick in a good way