Google unveiled updated models of all but one of its Nexus devices. We were treated to a new Nexus 7 tablet and the Nexus 5 smartphone last year but the company didn’t launch a new Nexus 10. There have already been a lot of rumors about the new Nexus 10, the latest coming from infamous Taiwanese publication Digitimes. While its track record is not always solid, the publication claims that the Nexus 10 will be released at CES 2014. Furthermore, the tablet is claimed to have an AMOLED display.
As always, sources from which this information has been obtained have not been mentioned in the report. It is also claimed that Samsung will remain the manufacturer of the new Nexus 10. The Korean company was also the manufacturer of the first Nexus 10 tablet which was released back in 2012. The original 10-inch Nexus tablet has already gone out of stock at a number of major retailers, driving up speculation that a successor is definitely going to be announced soon. On the other hand, Google hasn’t even commented on the existence of a new Nexus 10 tablet, so it can’t be said for sure if the company has any intentions of launching said tablet in the near future. The good things is that CES 2014 isn’t far off, so we should know for sure in a couple of days.
- 2014-04-01: Nexus 10 Listed As "Coming Soon" On Google Play
- 2014-03-03: Microsoft-Nokia Deal Reportedly Draws Concerns From Rivals In China
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-09: WiTricity Charges iPhone Sans Wires
- 2013-07-25: Google Confirms New Nexus 10 By Samsung Is In The Works
- 2013-02-05: Nexus 10 Launched In Japan
- 2012-11-02: Nexus 10 Review