Back in 2013, we managed to get an eyes-on the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, which for those hearing about it for the first time, is a headset designed to help create a more immersive gaming experience. The device has yet to be made commercially available, although to date we have seen plenty of good examples of how the device is used and have seen how some gaming titles have been adapted to the Oculus Rift, adding a completely brand new dimension to them in the process.
In any case might we expect anything new from the Oculus Rift team this year at CES 2014? After all it’s been a year since the company debuted the device, there’s a good chance we could see some improvements and changes, right? Well if you think so as well, you’d be right on the money thanks to a tweet by Tom Forsyth, a member of the Oculus Rift team, who revealed that the company had something new to show us at CES 2014. According to Forsyth’s tweet, “We’re showing the latest Rift kit at CES. Should be pretty interesting. I’m looking forward to the feedback.” We’re not sure what sort of changes the team has made to the original product, but as we’re live at CES ourselves, we’ll definitely want to check this out for ourselves given the opportunity.
- 2014-04-14: Nature Documentary Being Filmed Specifically For The Oculus Rift
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-11: SELFIE Mirror Shoots Seflies
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-09: WiTricity Charges iPhone Sans Wires
- 2014-01-08: Oculus Rift "Crystal Cove" Kit Revealed