When it comes to smartphones, Acer is definitely not a name that comes to mind. After all the Taiwanese company hasn’t really made that big of a dent in the smartphone market and are probably better known for their computers. That hasn’t stopped the company from trying and for MWC 2014, it looks like Acer has announced the Liquid E3 and the Liquid Z4, both of which appear to sport some pretty low-mid ranged specs, which also means that both handsets will be easy on your pockets.
Starting with the Liquid E3, this is the higher-end of the two handsets and it will pack a 4.7-inch HD IPS display. In terms of power, the E3 will be powered by a quad-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz and will feature 1GB of RAM, a 13MP rear-facing camera, a 2MP front-facing camera with a front-facing LED flash and will run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Acer has also added some software features like Snap Note aimed at presenters, and AcerFloat which allows for multiple floating windows.
Next up is the Liquid Z4, the lower-end handset. The handset will come with a 4-inch display of unknown resolution and will be powered by a dual-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz. It will come with 4GB of onboard storage, GPS, DTS Sound technology, a 5MP rear-facing camera, and will run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Both phones are expected to be made available in Europe this April, with the Liquid E3 priced at €199, while the Liquid Z4 will retail for €99.
Next Story: Google Kills Currents With Latest Update
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-13: ZTE Grand Memo 2 LTE: Video Hands-On
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-26: Best of MWC 2014 @ Ubergizmo
- 2014-02-26: Ubuntu Phones Will Hit The Market This Fall
- 2014-02-17: Acer MWC 2014 Announcement May Unveil New Products