A few weeks back Sony set a deadline for itself, the company said that it will release Android 4.3 for a handful of Xperia devices by “early February.” Even though the roll out process started off this week, the company didn’t exactly meet its deadline. The first device to receive Android 4.3 update was the Xperia SP. Today, Sony is finally rolling out the very same update for Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V smartphones.
Since Sony is going to roll out this update in stages, its quite possible that it may not become available in all regions at once. When the update does become available in a particular region, users will automatically receive a notification that Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now available for download. It should be kept in mind that unlocked and SIM-free variants generally receive the update earlier than carrier-locked counterparts, as the update has to go through several approval processes for the latter. Apart from bringing in all the bells and whistles we have come to expect from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, this update also brings updated Sony applications like Messaging, TrackID, Sony Select, Small Apps, Smart Connect, Walkman, Album, Movies and more. An improved Stamina mode can also be found onboard.
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-02-11: Sony Xperia SP Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-01-29: HTC Butterfly Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-01-09: Sony Xperia SP And Xperia T Android 4.3 Update Leaked
- 2013-12-26: Sony Xperia SP Andorid 4.3 Update Release Expected Soon
- 2013-12-08: Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.3 Update Screenshots Leaked