Archos is known for its relatively affordable line of Android products, this includes both smartphone and tablets. Late last year the company announced the Cobalt and Platinum tablets, building up on them, it has now unveiled a new trio of Android powered tablets called Neon. They come in 9, 9.7 and 10.1 inch display sizes with mid-range specifications, called 90 Neon, 97 Neon and 101 Neon respectively.
Since the objective here is to keep the price down, specifications aren’t exactly top notch. The 90 Neon offers 800×480, 97 Neon 1,024×768 and the 101 Neon 1,024×600 pixel resolution display, with all three having 8GB of onboard storage, microSD card slots, and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Archos Neon tablets are all powered by a quadcore A9 processor clocked at 1.4GHz on the 90 Neon, and 1.6GHz, 1.4GHz on the 97 Neon and 101 Neon respectively. Only the 97 Neon tablet has a 2 megapixel rear camera and a VGA front camera, the other two only have a front-facing camera suitable for video calls. With Wi-Fi connectivity and access to the Play Store, these tablets come preinstalled with the full suite of Google applications.
Prices of the Archos Neon tablets hasn’t been revealed as yet, even though the tablets have been officially announced. Archos is yet to announce either the price or the release date.
Next Story: Windows 8.1 Update Will Boot To Desktop [Rumor]
- 2014-02-26: Archos CEO Accidentally Kills Phone During Demonstration
- 2014-02-20: Archos 50c Oxygen & 64 Xenon Smartphones Announced
- 2014-02-20: Archos 40b Titanium Is Aimed At The Music Lover
- 2014-02-20: Archos 80 Helium 4G Tablet Unveiled
- 2014-02-02: Archos Neon Trio Of Tablets Unveiled
- 2013-10-09: Archos GamePad 2 Announced
- 2013-04-18: Archos 35, 50 and 53: New Affordable Unlocked Android Smartphones
- 2013-03-22: Archos GamePad Now Available In U.S. For $179
- 2013-02-19: Archos Set To Join The Android Phone Race [Rumor]
- 2013-01-03: Archos TV Connect Androidfies Your HTDV