If you thought the image above was that of two Samsung Galaxy S5 handsets, take another look. Surprised? We know we are. Pictured above to the left is a handset made by Goophone which is known as the Goophone S5. Yes, you read that right, even the name is a close knock-off of the Galaxy S5 and according to its specs, it is almost the same as the Galaxy S5 as well!
The Goophone S5 will pack a 5-inch 1920×1080 display and will be powered by a MediaTek octa-core chipset clocked at 2GHz. It will come with 2GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage, WiFi, dual-SIM capabilities, a 2,800mAh battery, a 13MP rear-facing camera, a 5MP front-facing camera, and will be priced at $300.
Of course we can’t be sure if the phone will actually perform as well as the Galaxy S5. Heck, it culd even outperform the Galaxy S5 for all we know. This is not the first time that Goophone has copied other manufacturers. In fact in the past we have seen them rip off the iPhone 5s with the Goophone i5s. They even ripped off the iPhone 5c with the Goophone i5C.
We’re not sure if Samsung will be taking any legal action against Goophone and their blatant and very obvious Galaxy S5 ripoff, but considering that there has not been any word regarding a lawsuit from Apple with the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c knockoffs, perhaps there might be a reason why Goophone is being so blatant in their copycat efforts. What do you guys think?
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Sues South Korean Publication Over Negative Galaxy S5 Press