When it comes to battery life for tablets, it is no secret that Apple’s iPad has typically fared pretty well. However with a slew of new Android tablets hitting the market in 2013, how does Apple’s latest tablet, the iPad Air, fare against the competition? Well for detractors of Apple, you guys will probably not be pleased to learn that in a “Which?” test conducted by Tech Daily, it was found that the iPad Air’s battery life beat out pretty much all of the competition as you can see in the image above which shows battery life in minutes for either internet use or video use, comparing a series of different tablets together.
Interestingly enough it seems that the iPar Air is consistently the best in both internet use and video use, clocking in 658 minutes and 777 minutes respectively. However when it came to videos, Apple’s Retina iPad mini did not fare as well as the competition, with Amazon’s Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 taking second place at 714 minutes. In fact it would seem that Apple’s older iPad 2 managed to beat out the Retina iPad mini, although the iPad 2 did fall behind Google’s Nexus 7 in video watching minutes by a mere 9 minutes. Of course there are a lot of things to take into consideration when measuring battery life, so your mileage might vary, but what do you guys think so far? Accurate?
Next Story: LG G Flex Review
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Refurbished Retina iPad Mini Now Available Online
- 2014-03-31 iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-25 New York Times’ iPad Air Ad Juxtaposed Against MH370 News, Causes Embarrassment
- 2014-03-24 Refurbished iPad Air Available From The Online Apple Store