NVIDIA has announced that a new version of its Tegra Note 7 Android Tablet will now come with NVIDIA’s own i500 4G LTE modem which can reach a theoretical top speed of 150Mbps. HSPA+ is also supported as a legacy network when LTE coverage is not available (along with 3G etc…). With a starting price of $299, the Tegra Note 7 LTE looks like a great option for those who seek an always-connected tablet with enough muscle to run the most demanding games (with game controller support as well). Incidentally, it has a good stylus too.
If you are not yet familiar with this tablet, I recommend reading our full Tegra Note 7 Review, but the bottom-line is that it is an extremely affordable tablet with a excellent performance-to-price ratio. NVIDIA’s i500 LTE modem is a very unique piece of technology because it is much more programmable than other modem designs. that’s why it is smaller than others (40% smaller, says NVIDIA) but still get the job done. Of course, the analog components (antenna, front-end) will vary depending on the region.
At the same time, NVIDIA has expanded the availability of its tablets to more places worldwide. Customers from Western Europe, Brazil and Ukraine will now be able to purchase the Tegra Note 7. Every Tegra Note should now have access to the latest Android 4.4.2 software update.
- LTE: 700/850/1700/1900/2600 (Bands 2,4,5,17,7)
- HSPA+: 850/1900/2100 (Bands 1,2,5)
- LTE: 800/1800/2600 (Bands 3,7,20)
- HSPA+: 850/900/1900/2100 (Bands 1,2,5,8)
- 3G (worldwide):
- HSPA+: 850, 900, 1900, 2100 (Bands 1,2,5,8)
Next Story: Publisher Plans On Printing The Entire Wikipedia
- 2014-03-25 NVIDIA Shield To Get Temporary Price Cut
- 2014-03-25 NVIDIA GTX Titan Z Has 5760 Cores
- 2014-03-25 NVIDIA Pascal Architecture Introduced
- 2014-03-24 NVIDIA Tegra 4i Powered Wiko WAX Smartphone Will Be Released Next Month
- 2014-03-20 Titanfall For PC To Get Better Graphics Thanks To NVIDIA And Respawn's Partnership
- 2014-02-24 Tegra 4i Phone: Wiko WAX
- 2014-01-14 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Benchmarks Depict Serious Performance
- 2013-12-27 NVIDIA Tegra Note 7 Android 4.3 MR2 Update
- 2013-09-03 NVIDIA Tegra Tab P1640 Spotted In Taiwan NCC
- 2013-08-06 NVIDIA Reportedly Developing An Android Tablet