Back in January, Samsung announced a relatively low-end tablet in the form of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite. Recently it was revealed that the tablet would come in new color options, although we did note that the color options did make the tablets feel more whimsical and kid-like. Coincidentally enough, it looks like there is a kids version of the tablet as well which will be due for release in March.
The kids version of the Galaxy Tab 3 Lite will be available in Taiwan and will cost $175, although we’re not sure if it will be limited to the Taiwanese market, or if it will eventually make its way to other markets in the future.
In terms of features, it will come with some children-friendly options. It will pack Samsung’s Kids Mode software which makes the tablet easy for children to use. It will also come bundled with children-friendly apps that are supposedly both educational and entertaining, and additional kids apps can be downloaded from a kids-friendly app store.
Given that this is a tablet aimed at children, there will be parental controls installed, allowing time restrictions to be placed, as well as allowing parents to control what their children get to view and so on. The tablets will also come in pink or blue pastel color options.
As far as hardware is concerned, it will remain the same. This means that we can look forward to a 7-inch 600×1024 display, a dual-core 1.2GHz chipset with 1GB of RAM, 8GB of onboard storage expandable via microSD, a 3,600mAh battery, and will run on Android 4.2.2, with a rear-facing 2MP camera.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-03-02: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite To Arrive In 3 Color Variants